DC has one victory over Marvel this summer as Wonder Woman has been named this summer’s most anticipated movie by Fandango.
Fandango polled 10,000 movie fans to see what movie they were most anticipating between Memorial Day and Labor Day, and Wonder Woman came in #1. Spider-Man: Homecoming was close after it at #2, followed by Pirates 5.
This is a pretty strong showing for Wonder Woman, especially after sensationalist click bait from sites that claimed the movie wasn’t even being marketed. Right now Wonder Woman is tracking at a $90 million opening, but with responses like this and the word of mouth spreading from advanced screenings; it could open much higher than that.
This is the full list:
1. â€œWonder Womanâ€ (June 2)
2. â€œSpider-Man: Homecomingâ€ (July 7)
3. â€œPirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Talesâ€ (May 26)
4. â€œThe Dark Towerâ€ (August 4)
5. â€œDunkirkâ€ (July 21)
6. â€œDespicable Me 3â€ (June 30)
7. â€œWar for the Planet of the Apesâ€ (July 14)
8. â€œTransformers: The Last Knightâ€ (June 21)
9. â€œThe Mummyâ€ (June 9)
10. â€œBaywatchâ€ (May 25)