The mobile-exclusive Final Fantasy game Brave Exvius is coming out in the West this summer after already being released in Japan. Co-developed by Square Enix and gumi, the game is an original Final Fantasy title developed specifically for mobile devices. It features traditional sprite graphics as well as CGI scenes.
Adventurers will follow two knights of the kingdom of Grandshelt, and a young girl who suddenly appears before them, as they begin their quest to pursue a highly sought after crystal. Players will make their way through various types of dungeons to search for items, collect gil, uncover hidden paths, and venture new routes.
These are the full features of the game:
- Traditional, turn-based gameplay with streamlined battle mechanics and intuitive touch controls, making it easy to pick up and play for newcomers as well as long-time fans
- Players will be able to move their characters through fields and dungeons to search for items, hidden paths, and new routes.
- High-quality CG animations of FINAL FANTASY summons
- Appearances from new and characters from past titles like the Warrior of Light, Cecil, Vivi, and Terra
- A complete RPG experience in an easy, portable format for mobile phones
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius will be free-to-play when it hits the app store, but is monetized with in-app purchases. Here’s a trailer with gameplay: