THIS IS A MAJOR SPOILER WARNING! MAJOR SPOILERS FROM BATMAN V SUPERMAN ARE HITTING THE INTERNET RIGHT NOW. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED ABOUT THE MOVIE TREAD CAREFULLY.
IF YOU READ PAST THIS POINT AND THEN CRY ABOUT BEING SPOILED, EVERYONE WILL LAUGH AT YOU FOR BEING AN IDIOT!
A poster on the SuperHeroHype forums has put what many believe to be a legitimate description of the plot for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. You can read his post here, and the entire plot synopsis has been saved to a pastebin here.
Here’s the basics of the movie (highlight the text to see):
- It opens with a stylistic recap of Batman’s origin before showing the Metropolis attack from Bruce’s perspective.
- Lex Luthor is trying to get Kryptonite into the US to create a Superman deterrent.
- Bruce Wayne wants the Kryptonite and tries to break into Lex’s mansion, which is where he and Bruce meet in the trailer.
- Wonder Woman comes into the story as she’s also after something Lex has: a photo of her in 1918.
- Batman’s nightmare is a vision featuring the Flash. The Superman apocalypse becomes a reality if Martha Kent is killed.
- Lex is the one who manipulates Superman and Batman into fighting. He uses Scoot’s character who trigger Batman into going afterÂ Superman, and he kidnaps Martha Kent and will kill her if Superman doesn’t kill Batman (there’s the apocalypse vision).
- Batman beats the crap out of Superman using Kryptonite to weaken him, before seeing him as an equal when he realizes their mothers have the same name.
- Doomsday is unleashed and the Trinity unites to fight him.
- Wonder Woman beats the crap out of him before Superman uses a Kryptonite spear that Batman created to kill Doomsday, dying himself in the process.
- Bruce and Diana decide to hunt down other metahumans to form the Justice League.
- Lex warns Bruce that he sent a signal using the Kryptonian ship and more bad guys are coming (probably Braniac, Darkseid, etc.)
- The movie ends with a “Death of Superman” style funeral, but the final shot is of Superman’s grave with a fist pounding from below (he isn’t dead).
It’s best to read the entire breakdown of the plot if you want the exact details, but it sounds pretty awesome. In some ways it feels like they wanted to do Superman/Doomsday as a sequel to Man of Steel, but then this grew out of it. The Justice League cameos don’t really take away from the movie and where they appear make a lot of sense.
We only have a week to go, but it sounds like we’ll have a great DC movie to see.