Sorry, Beetlejuice 2 Isn\’t Happening Yet

|

beetlejuice-2-tim-burtonThis morning several sites, including one really big horror site, reported that the script for Beetlejuice 2 was complete and Tim Burton would begin working on it soon. It turns out that was all fake and made up, but that didn’t stop the story from going pretty viral today.

EW asked a rep for Burton about it, and they said the story being spread around was completely fabricated:

“Early Friday morning, reports surfaced that a long-discussed follow-up to filmmaker Tim Burton’s 1988 paranormal adventure was moving forward — that a script had been completed and original stars Winona Ryder and Michael Keaton confirmed to return. Trouble is, none of that was actually true, according to a rep for the filmmaker. She said the information was based on fabricated comments from the director and confirmed to EW that Beetlejuice 2 is not in development at this time.”

Even saying it’s not in development at this time is a blow to those hoping for the sequel soon. There were reports that a script was being worked on, but it doesn’t seem like the sequel to Tim Burton’s second movie will be happening any time soon.