Last week a rumor came out that the Star Wars overlay for Space Mountain in Disneyland would open before the end of the year, and now the entire Season of the Force will begin in November!
Tonight Disney officially announced the Season of the Force events for Disneyland park that begin on November 16th:
- Star Wars Launch Bay â€“ This new area will offer opportunities to visit with favorite Star WarsÂ characters, special exhibits, peeks at the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens and much more.
- Star Toursâ€”The Adventures Continue: This popular attraction will feature a new scene inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple: Coming in December, a twist on the Jedi Training experience will introduce new characters and a new villain from the popular Disney XD series, Star Wars Rebels.
- Hyperspace Mountain: For a limited time, guests will join an X-wing starfighter battle in this reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction.
- Other limited-time experiences include:
- An opportunity to revisit favorite scenes from classic Star Wars films at Tomorrowland Theater.
- Special themed food and beverage, merchandise, and entertainment.
They also confirmed that construction for Star Wars Land will begin to affect the park on January 10th with the Disneyland Railroad and all attractions on the Rivers of America closing temporarily to make room for the beginning of construction. Big Thunder Ranch, which will be where the entrance to Star Wars Land will be will also close permanently that day.