When Disney took over Star Wars, some people began to spread completely bogus theories that they would retcon the Prequels out of canon. This week’s Star Wars: Aftermath novel helps kill those theories in a canonical story set six months after the events of Return of the Jedi.
We won’t be spoiling the novel here, but as some people have been able to purchase it from Walmart and other retailers there are big spoilers coming out online if you really want to seek them out.
What we will discuss here are the Prequel references, which will be a bit vague and won’t spoil the overall story of the novel:
- One character has a repurposed Battle Droid, complete with the “Roger, Roger” that Prequel haters really get annoyed at.
- A cyborg general (Grevious) is mentioned.
- Dex’s Diner on Coruscant is mentioned.
- Palpatine’s emergency powers play a part in decisions made by Mon Mothma.
- A Clone Wars character is mentioned.
- A lead character from The Clone Wars was responsible for recruiting a character from the Original Trilogy into the Rebellion.
And that doesn’t even scratch the surface of how cool the book is. You’ll get hints to the origins of both the First Order and the Resistance in The Force Awakens, a brief introduction to Jakku, and even a very cool hint about what may have happened to a certain Bounty Hunter on Tatooine.
[easyazon_link identifier=”034551162X” locale=”US” nf=”y” tag=”furiofanbo-20″]Star Wars: Aftermath[/easyazon_link] releases on Friday.